Wednesday, 27 January 2010

Blogging Philosophy (and Poetry)

I have decided to try NOT to write down every thought that comes into my head, and feel the need to EDIT my speech in the same way in real life. Especially when it comes to gossiping.

On Monday night I go to a quiz at my local pub.

This week we learnt
that seventeen syllables
make up a haiku.

That was a haiku! Although not a proper one, since it doesn't have a break or contain a seasonal word.

Monday night routine:
Run home shower inhale food
and off to the pub.

Better - but still no seasons.

January Tuesday:
Clock-watching, Facebook stalking,
I must do some work!

Does January count as a seasonal word? I think so.

I am reading a book about a man cycling across the world. I have been thinking a lot about boys and their need to go walkabout. And about a boy's relationship with his bike, which represents simplicity, a means of escape, and fun.

Boys and their bikes have
a special relationship:
two wheels, no nagging

I am planning to think a lot more about this subject, so if I come up with any brainwaves I will let you know. Even though you are just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment